Friday, October 15, 2010

Noel Nut Balls- Week 3 of the Twelve Weeks of Christmas Cookies

Twelve Weeks of Christmas Cookies- Week 3



Every holiday season a few people on my gift list receive Christmas gift baskets. Each year I try to change the goodies up a bit but this cookie is always included.  Not only do I happen to love them but they are extremely easy to make, they make a very large batch(depending on the size of the cookie), and a big pile of them on a dessert platter is stunning for a holiday party.  During the holidays I will usually double the batch just because I find myself eating one everytime I walk through the kitchen. 

 Week 3- Noel Nut Balls





Noel Nut Balls

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp.-1 tbsp. bourbon (your choice)
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. sifted powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. salt



Cream together butter and honey until fluffy. 
Add bourbon.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, pecans, powdered sugar, and salt. 



Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat to combine. 




Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours. 



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment.  Roll the dough into small balls (I use a small cookie scoop).  Bake approximately 12 to 13 minutes.  Cool completely and roll in powdered sugar.







7 comments:

  1. I bet these cookies melt in your mouth! I REALLY want to make homemade vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the quintessential holiday cookie. They look just like little snowballs ready to coat your mouth with powdered sugar. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the addition of liqueur - it really amps up the flavor of these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love nutty cookies...these look very festive and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are one of my favorite cookies during the holidays. I usually eat WAY too many :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I remember these from my childhood! I want to make them soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Let me know what you think... I'd love to hear from you!